CharityCheckout.co.uk (“We”) are committed to to protecting and respecting your privacy.
basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), we are the data controller.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- When you make a donation to a charity through www.charitycheckout.co.uk (“our site”).
- When you make a donation to a charity through us via telephone or email.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.charitycheckout.co.uk (our site).
This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Where we Store Your Information
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the Euro-pean Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff
operating outside the EEA who work for us or for the charity you make a donation to. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your donation,
the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
We use PayPoint.net to process payments, which uses Secure Sockets Layer online technology to en-crypt the data you provide
When we receive confirmation or your online donation we do not have access to your full card details and your payment information is not stored on our servers.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for
keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data,
we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information,
we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To process your donations and to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most ef-fective manner for you and for your computer (where applicable).
- To feature you on our site as a charity (where applicable).
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
In addition, if you have given us telephone instructions or e-mail instructions we will write to you to confirm your donation. We are required to do this by the Charities
Commission for England and Wales. When we confirm your transaction we do not write your full card details.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- When you make a donation to a charity through our site, or through us via telephone or email, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the charity.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
the rights, prop-erty, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud
protection and credit risk reduction.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites
have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to
meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.